This free, 12-week course is taught by trained NAMI family members who have personal experience caring for an adult loved one with mental illness. The course teaches the knowledge and skills family members and loved ones need to cope more effectively. Many describe the impact of this program as life changing.
Classes start every January, April, and September. Call 503.228.5692 to enroll, or for more information.
- Attend with family members just like you in a confidential setting
- Gain insight into how mental illness affects a relative (covers schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar disorder, major depression, various anxiety disorders, PTSD, borderline personality disorder)
- Take a look inside some of the latest brain research related to mental illness
- Learn how families can become advocates for better treatments for their relatives
- Discover the medications available and the latest treatment options
- Learn to cope with the worry and stress; learn to focus on care for you as well as your loved ones
- IMPORTANT NOTE: This program does not cover childhood mental health disorders (see NAMI Basics instead), alcoholism, criminal behavior, or sexual abuse in family
Classes fill up fast so register early!
April 2 – June 18
Above is a tribute video containing testimonials about the Family-to-Family program from family members and course instructors.