DonationsWhen you make a donation to NAMI Multnomah, you make if possible for us to bring the message of hope and recovery to people in your own community who are living with mental illness. Your donation of any size makes a difference. Here are some examples of how your gift will help:
- $25 sends one person to a free NAMI class (approximately 200 people per year)
- $30 pays a stipend for a person living with mental illness to reach out to people who’ve been hospitalized, through our “First Steps” program (an average of 80 people contacted each month)
- $60 pays stipends for two individuals living with mental illness to present the stigma-erasing “In Our Own Voice” program (over 40 presentations a year)
- $100 allows three people to meet one-to-one with a Resource Specialist to connect them with vital community resources (average 33 meetings each month)
- $300 supports a member at NorthStar Clubhouse for a full month (up to 20 active participants every month)
Please make checks payable to:
542 NE 52nd Ave.
Portland, OR 97213
NAMI Multnomah welcomes your in-kind donations. Most often we can use the following items, but if you have other things you think might be useful, please give us a call at 503.228.5692 and ask.
- Office supplies, particularly copy paper, divider tabs, and address labels
- Binders–preferably white or black, and 1″, 2″ or 3″ size most appreciated
- Kitchen and bathroom paper products
- Cleaning supplies
- Coffee, tea, cream & sugar
- Snacks and beverages for meetings, groups, and activities
Donate a Vehicle
By donating your vehicle you will be supporting a cause that you believe in. We operate our vehicle donation program through Volunteers of America Oregon (VOAOR). 60% of the value of your donated vehicle goes directly to NAMI Multnomah and 40% goes to VOAOR. In this way your donation stays local, where we need it, and where it makes a difference to all of us.
For more information
- NAMI Multnomah’s Vehicle Donation Form: http://charity-connections.
- Charity Connections: www.charity-connections.org
- FAQ: www.charity-connections.org/index.php/site/faq